That garage door opener that was all new and functioning effectively and efficiently will not be that way forever. At some point you would either be talking about repairs or replacements. If your garage door opener has started malfunctioning and you intend to replace it, here are the simple steps to follow:
- Safety is the most important factor to consider before anything else, and that is why it is imperative that before anything else, you ensure that you turn off the power supplied to the garage. This should be done at the circuit panel that distributes power to the different parts of the building.
- The next step is to unplug the old garage door opener. At this point, you will need to remove the brackets that are holding the door opener to the ceiling.
- With the open-ended part of your wrench (the adjustable wrench and you may also need a ratchet and socket), start loosening the brackets, and when that is done, have the brackets on the door and above the door removed. (Do not forget to keep the bolts and nuts where they can be reached easily)
- The next step is to have the motor removed. First thing is to ensure that the lenses on both sides of the door are removed. Check the wires and carefully unhook them and also remove any screws that may hold the wires. Do the same for the motor, and then remove the old motor.
- Get the bracket that comes with the new motor you are about to install, and have the bracket installed first. Screw the bracket in place, and ensure that it is firmly fitted.
- Now get the track to slide into the new bracket, and then have it secured properly (you may need to use the wrench to secure it firmly)
- Now you have the track and bracket in place, get the new motor and have it screwed to the brackets in the ceiling. It is imperative that the track/rail are level when you are installing, hence, you need to make necessary adjustments until you get it right.
- With the motor in place, it is time to reconnect the lifting arm that connects the track and the door.
- You are now left with wiring the system. Connect the wires as indicated, to the safety lenses, and have them installed on both sides of garage doors. It is important to ensure that there are no wires in the way of the moving parts of the garage door.
- Have the keypad wired, and for safety purposes, have the wire run via a conduit. Connect the wire to the newly installed motor.
- Have the motor plugged into a socket, and then turn the power back from the circuit panel.
It is quite easy, everything should be functioning normally now, however, if it doesn’t, then you may need to carefully go through each step, just in case you missed a part or even phone a garage door expert like 24-7 Garage Doors. If you want to take it on yourself, you will need a wrench, pliers, screwdriver or drill.
Do you have a windshield that needs to be replaced? Do you know how not to make mistakes when choosing a company for your windshield replacement in Arizona? It is important to not only choose the right company but at the same time you also need to know about common pitfalls that you have to avoid.
Small chips are a big problem
Whether your windshield has a chip or even if it is severely damaged, you need to find a good company for your windshield replacement in Arizona. Keep in mind that a chip can easily develop into a crack, especially if you do not do anything and allow it to remain that way for an extended period. If the chip develops into a crack, then you will end up spending a lot of money to replace or repair the damage. So, it makes sense to look for a windshield replacement shop in Arizona that specializes in auto windshield replacement.
Many companies to choose from
There are many companies that offer windshield replacement in Arizona. So, it makes sense for you to learn more about how to pick the best company. Read on to find out how you can not only find the right company for windshield replacement in Arizona but you can also learn how not to make mistakes in choosing the company.
Cutting costs is a major concern
To begin with, your primary concern must be to minimize the cost of windshield replacement in Arizona. However, you should not allow your concern about price to cloud your judgement. So, ask yourself why the company that you plan on choosing is offering the prices it is offering. Does the low price also mean low-grade replacement windshield glass? If so, then you will be making a mistake in choosing such a company. The right course is ensuring that you pick a company that charges a little more but guarantees high quality windshield glass.
Mobile or onsite service?
Your second concern is whether a mobile service is the right option for you or would you prefer to take your vehicle to the garage for onsite replacement. If you choose the latter option, then you would have to take time off from your work. If the replacement company does not work at convenient hours, this could prove to be a major problem. The good news is your windshield can be replaced anywhere.
So, why not choose a company offering mobile service? That way they will come to your place and so you won’t have to worry about rescheduling your schedule because you can call them at a time that is convenient for you. The only thing you need to worry about is the company charging extra for providing mobile services.
Last but not least, when choosing a company for windshield replacement in Arizona, trust the recommendations of your friends or colleagues. If they know of a company offering such services, then you should check them out. Just make sure you also read reviews about the company so that you have no doubts about the quality of their glass and service. Once you narrow your list, ask for quotes and then choose the company that offers the best price and the best quality service.
Now that you know what to look for in a company offering windshield repair in Phoenix, go ahead and look for the best company you can; one like Hightech-Autoglass is a good place to start.
- A wax to polish and shine your car
Put some wax on a cloth and rub the body of the car with it. Your car will be bright like a new car. Be careful to read the manual first because a misuse of wax can instead remove the shine to the paint on the car, so be careful.
Do you want to buy a wax to polish a car now?
Here’s the perfect wax to deliver a brilliant shine to the body and bring out the color of your car. In the box you have a microfiber cloth and an applicator pad provided.
- Wash your car smoothly for incomparable brilliance
To shine your car it is important to wash it gently and especially with good products and cleaning accessories to avoid damaging the bodywork.
When washing your car, always use sponges or rags that are soft to avoid scratching the bodywork and thus removing shine from the paint. Ask a professional to buy the right cleaning products according to the type of body and paint of the car. Shining a car is easy, but the opposite too!
- How to shine the headlights of your car?
How about an easy and quick trick to shine the headlights of the car? Toothpaste … Yes, you read that correctly. 🙂
To succeed this homemade toothpaste trick here is what to do:
Spread the toothpaste on the headlights
Cover the entire surface of the headlights of the car
With a soft cloth rub the headlights with toothpaste
Rinse and dry well to finish cleaning
In the end headlights clean and bright as if the car was leaving the car garage.
You can also choose to purchase a microfiber wash glove.
- Use high pressure washing
To thoroughly clean the car and make it shine like a new car pressure cleaning is probably the ideal solution.
Of course you can go directly to a service station or washing company for such a pressure cleaning but or buy a high-pressure cleaner. There are models of high pressure cleaners that can be used both for the car but also to clean the deck and siding.
Here is a model of high pressure cleaner Bosh brand that can be used for the car but also to clean the terrace and other surfaces.
- Shine a black car with a chamois
Do you have a black car? You probably know then that it is very difficult to remove all the water stains and dirt on a car a black body. Chamois leather is undoubtedly the best solution to shine and shine a black car but also all other dark colors. All you need is a soft car soap and a chamois leather to dry and gloss the body.
Black cars and other very dark cars are often difficult to clean well. There are soaps and waxes specially designed to clean and shine a black car that you can use before drying with this chamois
- Inspect your future car
For a car buyback , at the first visit, make a list of all the important points to see: the details inside the car, the exterior and the engine. To detect defects, prefer a visit in broad daylight and good weather, since the rain may well play tricks.
- Make a test
Doing a road test is imperative before buying a used car, especially if the seller is an individual. This allows you to see if the car is driving well. It is important to be very attentive to the different noises. The test also shows the condition of the gearbox and the clutch.
- Examine the bodywork and joints
Make sure that the vehicle has not been damaged in the past by correctly checking the bodywork. This can be ensured by lifting the hood to examine the joints. You will quickly realize if there is any problem.
- Check bills
Maintenance bills are fairly reliable proof. They allow to have the heart net on the revisions and repairs carried out on the car. You have an idea of the parts already replaced. And at the same time, the estimate of the value of the vehicle will be safe.
- Take a look at the serial number
Buying a stolen car is the worst case! Thus, to be sure that your future vehicle is in good standing, the serial number on the registration card and the one on the chassis must be in compliance. An audit would be essential.
- Check the mileage
The traffic meter affects 5% of used cars sold, the European authorities announced. To avoid falling into the trap, check that the number rollers are aligned.
- Prefer deposits to installments
By choosing the payment of the deposit, it is possible to withdraw. If the choice to cancel the property transaction comes from the buyer, it will certainly not receive the deposit paid. On the other hand, if it is the seller who decides to end the sale, he must repay the double amount of the deposit of the buyer.
- Be alert to transfer services
The scammers rely on transfers via services such as Western Union or Money Gram, as they allow them to withdraw the money without informing their identities. It thus remains judicious to flee the sellers who claim this mode of payment.
- Require the seller’s identity card
Seeing the vendor’s ID card should be systematic to rule out any suspicion of scams. And the latter will have to give it to you without problem as proof of his honesty.
- Make the final transaction at the seller’s home
This approach can reassure the authenticity of information about the seller. Make sure that the address provided is the one mentioned on the registration card.